Sunday, February 7, 2010
... dang it...
Sunday February 7th- As I said before, I am a Primary teacher in my ward here for the Sunbeams. Another girl, Karli, is the other BYU student that was sent to the primary to help out. Turns out that not only are we teachers, but co-pianists. Neither of us plays the piano. Why did I stop with piano lessons!?! We told the president we don't play but all she said was "You've had lessons, right? Just practice more." Curses to all preceding BYU-overachieving-students-who-do-everything-from-straight-As-to-piano-to-walking-on-the-moon for making the members here think that piano playing is a prerequisite to going to BYU. O well, guess I have a lot of practicing ahead of me. Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"GIANT STEPS ARE WHAT WE TAKE..."
ReplyDeletejust play the melodys of the songs. it is normally the alto stuff. (second note from the top if there are four)... it is possible to play a song with the right hand (after 3 hours of practice) once through, and with another hour maybe be able to keep to tempo. It is easier to learn on songs you already know. Like spirit of God. Another easy one is 116 or something like that because there are only 2 sharps/flats in the whole song
ReplyDelete