Look closely, can you tell what this is? Yes, it is a VHS player. An important part of my childhood (I watched the Disney Princess movies on one of these and that's pretty important) is in a museum. I felt so old :] After the museum was dinner, a trip to Frog's (yes, Frog's again :] ) and then a class field trip for my Shakespeare class to see a production of the play "Twelfth Night." This is one of my favorite Shakespeare play so I was super excited to see it! (the only plays that are above it on my favorite list are "Measure for Measure" and "A Midsummer Night's Dream") This production was just wonderful! It was set in a different time period and place than Shakespeare had originally wrote, but that is one of the beauties of Shakespeare, his plays can be set anywhere and still work. This production of "Twelfth Night" was set in the East during the mid-1800s. It had a one set stage with prop changes every time a new scene started, being an ex-theatre actress, I thought it was absolutely incredible. This is a group of us before we went inside.
Left to right there is Laura, Alyssa, Reesa, me, Rachel, Margret, And our Shakespeare teacher Susan Howe. By far my the part I enjoyed the most was Act 2 Scene 5 when Toby, Andrew, and Fabian are in the box tree. The stage design was simply amazing here. Seeing this show made me miss theatre even more than seeing all the Musicals I have. Shakespeare is my favorite thing to see and I hope I'll be able to be in a Shakespeare production again sometime!
No comments:
Post a Comment