Now I am not the biggest Beatles fan ever, but I do like them and I did want to go here not just because it is a touristy thing to do or some friends said to but because my Dad is a big fan of them. This one is for you Daddy!!
Instead of Ringo, Paul, George, and John, we are Jenny, Kalyn, Laura and Karli. This is the same street that the Beatles walked across in the 60s, though it looks different. This zebra (crosswalk) is in the intersection of 3 main roads in the area so we had to go really early in the morning on a Saturday so that we would not be a bother to anyone. But it was so worth losing sleep to take the picture. But not only did I walk across the zebra, I also wrote my name on the Abbey Road Studio wall :]
As I said before, I am not the biggest Beatles fan ever but I do know many of their songs. I wrote (if you can't read it) "Kalyn wants to hold your hand- Kalyn Walker March 2010" :]
But the day was not even close to being over! After getting back to the Centre to grab breakfast, my friend Cameron and I headed over to the heart of London to conquer my biggest fear: the London Eye. I have a huge irrational fear of farris wheels. They are dangerous! In every movie that they are in, they fall down and kill every one in them. Why would anyone willingly subject them self to riding in a circular metal death trap? But the Eye is a landmark of my city and I felt I needed to ride it. I would have gone on the Eye when the rest of my roommates went, but I chickened out at the last minute and did not buy a ticket. I was a bit disappointed in myself for being such a chicken, and a bit sad that now I had no one to go on Europe's tallest death trap with when Cam said that he forgot to buy tickets with everyone else too so after a long and epic 3 day struggle, Cam and I were able to get tickets for the London Eye for today at 10am.
Scariest thing of my life but, thanks to Cam, I did it!
After getting our tickets, we had to watch a movie on the Eye, to get all the people willing to put their lives on the line for a good view of the city into the mood for riding it. It was a 4-D movie. Before it started, Cam and I were wondering what the forth dimension presented could be and it turns out the fourth dimension is bubbles. The movie blew bubbles at us. This calmed me down actually and I was able to lessen my death grip on Cam's hands and we went on!
The rest of my day was filled with homework and getting ready for my last sacrament meeting with my ward and packing for my last field trip on this study abroad. All of which were sad and slightly unpleasant to do (homework the most) but had to be done. My time here is almost up, and what a time it's been. Next post will be all about what should be my amazing trip to the North of England, check back soon! Have a great day! :]
No comments:
Post a Comment