Saturday, May 29, 2010
Mom Comes to England! Day 3
Friday April 16th- Today I showed my mom around my city. First we went to Portabello Road and did a little shopping (over 20 GBP in chocolate...) and ran into a few of my friends I did not have a chance to say good bye to. Then we walked trough my park, Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park and stopped to tour Kensington Palace. This was my second time to tour it and when I went I had enjoyed it very much. But the people working the Palace decided it was time to change the interior of the beautiful Palace and make it a modern art interpretation of the Princesses who had lived there. I did not like it at all and was sorry my mom could not see the beautiful Palace it really was. Then we walked along the Princess Diana Memorial Trail while trying to walk to Harrods. We finally got to Harrods after a nice walk in the park and strolled around it, admiring all the fancy things and the Diana memorial fountain in it. We got some snacks at the Food Court there, a strange cup cake like thing called a Whoopie. After that, we went to my favorite museum, the Imperial War Museum and walked around the Holocaust exhibit before it closed. It was very sad but the best exhibit of it's kind I had ever been to.
For dinner we went to the original Hard Rock Cafe and enjoyed some nice fruity drinks. Even though I had done all of these things before, it was nice to share them with my mom :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment