Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mom Comes to England! Day 5

Sunday April 18th- Happy Sunday! Mom and I were bad and skipped church today, but we had to squeeze in as many activities as we could in the short time Mom was here! Whether we were bad or good, we were not struck down by lightning so it was OK :]
Our plan today was to go on a bus tour with Evan Evans Tour Co to Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge. And even though I had been to all of these places before, I was excited to show my mom and see them all in good weather! As opposed to the snow I saw them in the first time.
First stop was Windsor Castle and I did see something I hadn't the first time! The red guard uniforms! I was mistaken in thinking that the outfits were red all the time. The guard's outfits are blue in the winter so that is what I had seen the whole time I was here and sort of assumed the red coats were just a Hollywood dramatization or that the Queen decided to change them up. Well I felt very stupid when I learned red is only for the summer uniform. It was fun to see the changing of the guards in their red coats! I wish Paul Revere was there ;P



This was a cute sign we saw on the motor way M25 on our way to Bath, I wanted to be rescued :]











Here is Bath! Mom and I drinking the nasty water that is supposed to heal all ailments... We'll see if we get sick. Wouldn't be surprised if we get sick from drinking it. Bath was boring to me when I first went but being with mom I had a fun time! We saw some street performers who were really good! A lady sang a tearful opera aria, a man played a homemade steel drum, and another man played the violin while tightrope walking. We finished the trip of bath off with come homemade ice cream, very fun! And it was the warmest day I had had in England! People were laying out in the park in bathing suits tanning! It was funny :]

On our way to Stonehenge we saw the actress Jane Seymore's house, it was massive. I wouldn't mind being an actress at all if I got a house like that! We also saw a carving of a horse into the chalk hills that was over 1000 years old, it was huge.


Stonehenge was much more enjoyable when there was no snow on the ground in my opinion! I even had sunglasses on walking around! It was crazy!








I wore Mom out, she fell asleep on me on the bus so I had to take a picture :] Today was a great day! And tomorrow we're going to have another great one!! Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment