Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Love to see the Temple

Tuesday April 6th- Today is one of the best days in history! On April 6th, 1830 the one true church of God was restored to this earth by the Prophet Joseph Smith. What better way to celebrate the 180th birthday of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints than to go to the temple? :]



This was a very special temple trip. Most of the program participants came, 27 students came, 40 total came including the teachers and their families. It was so great to be able to go inside the House of the Lord with your friends and perfectly wonderful to have the boys you are friends with perform the ordinances. Three of the boys here are RMs and helped out with the baptizing for the dead and witnessing. I don't know why but for some reason walking into the font to my peer who was performing the baptisms was just so powerful to me. How many boys over the age of 21 in the world are worthy to come into the temple and do what they did? I love that they are worthy to go to the temple.
While the boys were busy baptizing, the girls were waiting to get do the work in the sitting room singing hymns. I love the people on the program and seeing so many of them in the best place on Earth was indescribable. I really will miss each and everyone of the students here. There have been difficulties in the house with 36 girls but I will miss it. With the program coming to a close I have been getting increasingly sadder and sadder but I will never forget my time here or the friends I ave made or the experiences I have had. I love to see the temple an unmeasurable amount, but I love being able to go inside with the people I love even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment