Saturday, April 10, 2010

Last Days of Fun Before Finals

Thursday April 8th- After classes today, I went with Sarah, Margaret, Reesa, Cam and Calvin to John Wesley's Church. He is the man who founded Methodism. The church was beautiful and the nicest old lady gave us a tour. This is a statue of Wesley and his church is behind him. It was nice to learn about other churches but it made me appreciate my church all the more :]
At the tube stop coming home, I saw two signs that made me laugh out loud, hope they make you smile too!







This was the first. It reminded me of a gun that 'Duck Dodgers' from 'Looney Tunes' would use.







This is the second one. Thanks for the warning sign, but I don't think even Shaq would need this reminder. Nice thought though. I would like to see the person that needs this sign actually hit their head. :]








Friday April 9th- Happy Birthday to my friend Calvin! He is the English T.A. here and one of the coolest people I have ever met in my life. You can't help but love life when you are around Calvin.
We had our very last class activity today... so sad! I don't want to leave! But there is little I can do to stop time so all I can do is enjoy the short time I have left here in this wonderful city. The last class outing was a cruise along the River Thames. It was a fun sunny day and there was no need for a jacket! It was beautiful!









On the boat tour we saw the Tower Bridge again, it felt like the last time I would see this bridge on this trip so I snapped a picture :]






Our stop on the boat tour was at Greenwich, the home of the time zones. Latitude and Longitude are majorly tied with this city as the Eastern and Western Hemispheres meet here. Half of the city is on one side of the world and the other half on the other side. Many people wish that they could be in two places at once, and I got to be in two halves of the world at once! I love to travel :]














Today was the perfect last Day Trip. After being in two parts of the world at once, I went for one last visit to Borough Market and then headed home. Good bye wonderful day trips! I will sorely miss you... That night I went with Margaret, Sarah, Katie, Britin, and Calvin to see the movie "The Clash of the Titans" for Calvin's birthday. Being one of 4 boys in a house of 36 girls, Calvin was feeling the estrogen getting to him and needed some testosterone. This movie was a great way to get it! It was action packed, bloody, violent, and had minimal romance. I enjoyed it despite jumping a few feet in the air a few times. of course Magnum Bars were essential in the celebration of his birthday and I found a new favorite flavor of it; Mint Chip. It replaced my previous favorite, Double Carmel, and I ate it so fast I got a brain freeze! After the movie Sarah, Margaret and I went to Tesco, the grocery store, for some healthy snacks to get us through finals but ended up getting more ice cream instead :] great night in my book. Finals are coming up! Now that the ice cream is gone I guess it's time to study... have a great day! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment