Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Weekend Adventure

Saturday-Sunday January 15-16th-"No one can live in London for long without developing a love for the place"- President Gordon B. Hinckley. Just thought everyone would like to know that the Prophets of the Church agree with me about loving London.
This post will not be terribly long because this weekend was a relaxing one compared to other days. The main events of this weekend were roommate bonding time and homework. I didn't actually think that I would get any homework done while I was here but I am! It's a pain taking away playing time but still, it IS school I'm at (technically). Some of my roomies and I went and got the best gelato in the world from a place called Gelato Mio, pretty much amazing. . We also watched an amazing movie that I recommend to everyone: "The Young Victoria" it is about Queen Victoria and starts Emily Blunt, it is pretty much amazing.
Saturday night for dinner a group of us went out for Indian food (India Indians not Native Americans like some people thought) at a restaurant called Khan's. It was so delicious that I will defiantly be going back there! This is all of us that went (yes I did straighten my hair *cough mom cough*): . On the way home from a shopping adventure, two of my roomies and I (in order we are Alyssa, Sarah, me) ((yes I do have a roommate named Alyssa and yes she does act like my sister Alyssa, makes me feel at home :] )) found a bench at the tube stop where our feet didn't touch the ground!! This picture is us swinging our feet. Please note that I am 5' 10'' and have not been able to swing my feet since I was about 12, this is a very big accomplishment to find a seat that I could swing my feet while sitting on! .Those were my adventures on Saturday.
On Sunday I very much regret not bringing my camera with me to church. There are 40 BYU students here and instead of congesting one ward with us all they divided us up 4-6 students per ward across two stakes. I was very excited to go to my ward ( the Whitechapel ward) with 3 other girls (Leslie, Alyson, and Karli) and our English teacher Dr. Susan Howe, but the stake leaders gave us the wrong address. We were sent to the school building that was used as the meeting house 2 years ago. We did not know where the new building was, were and hour away from home in a shady part of town, all dressed up and looking thoroughly out of place, and with no cell phone. After being very confused, we went back home. The 4 of us students went to a singles ward that is closer to home (this is normally a forbidden ward since they don't want us dating here, but under these circumstances we really had no other choice). It was very fun but after traveling a total of 3 hours to get to church (and hour each way on the tube to the non existent church and a half hour each way walking to the singles ward) we were so tired (the hour away church started at 9, we had to leave 7.50) that we only went to sacrament meeting and then went to sleep till dinner. It was very good to go to church finally but felt so good to sleep that I don't really know which was better. Hehe yes I do, church was. Then dinner was pot roast which is my favorite and then more roommate bonding and planning our extended weekend trip to Spain, and now once I post this I will sleep. It has been a great weekend and yes, there was a little homework being done in there as well. Have a great day tomorrow! I know I will because I'M GOING TO THE GLOBE THEATRE TOMORROW!!!! :] bye

No comments:

Post a Comment