
This was a great place to visit! It was built (or at least begun to be be built) in 1042. I wish America was old enough to have amazing buildings with so much history as England has. Walking into the cathedral is like a step back in time. You get to know past Kings and Queens and influential people better than you could in any history class. Just feeling close to the past, being a part of history, 'meeting' the most beloved people of England, it's rather spiritual. I walked by Winston Churchill's grave, and I was taken back into WW2 times and I was immediately thankful for all that he did. I saw Charles Dickens' tomb and was next to him as he wrote 'Oliver Twist.' I saw the tributes to William Shakespeare, Jane Austen, and the Bronte Sisters, and was thanking them for the wonderful works they wrote that I can still enjoy. Why can't America be so amazing? Iwasn't allowed to take pictures of the inside, sorry. Guess you'll just have to come over and see it for yourself :]But I bet even if you come, you won't get an amazing picture of London as I did! I think it should be on a postcard :

The London Eye, Big Ben and a double decker bus :] The only thing that would make it better is to have to sky blue, but that's what photo shop is for hehe. I think I've fallen in love with London. But I know it can never be all mine. One of my roommates feels the same way I do and bought herself a promise ring at a street vendor and says she will never marry a boy unless he makes her feel better than London does. I agree and that will be a hard order to fill!
After finding a random statue of Abraham Lincoln =
a few of the other girls and I went to eat lunch in a Crypt! A crypt is a cemetery under cathedrals. The food wasn't as good as it could have been, but it wasn't awful either. The best part was the atmosphere of the place. It was pretty cool!

I also went to the Tate Modern Art Museum. I did not like it at all, I have no idea what the artists were trying to get across in their 'art works.' There was one painting that I liked, it was by Claude Monet and was of a lily pond so it doesn't even count as modern art. I did see an original Picasso painting though! That was the most exciting part. It was a good thing for me to branch out and explore other types of art but I think I'll stick with Degas, Van Gough, and Di Vinci.
That's all for today's updates! Have a great day! I know I will :]
No comments:
Post a Comment